What is an Airport Master Plan?
The Airport Master Plan is the short and long term development concept for the airport.  It is the local airport planning document to be used as guidance in planning for airport facility needs over a 20-year time period.

Why is the Airport completing a Master Plan?
The FAA recommends that public use facilities such as Carson City Airport update their Master Plan every 7-10 years or as local aviation conditions change.

Who is preparing the Master Plan Update?
Coffman Associates, a national aviation consulting firm specializing in airport planning studies, was selected following a qualifications-based selection process.

Who is funding the Master Plan Update?
The FAA provides 90 percent of the project funding, with the remaining 10 percent coming from the Airport.  The funding is sourced from the federal Aviation Trust Fund, which is funded exclusively by various aviation user fees, including taxes on airline tickets, aviation fuel, and some aircraft parts.

What are the components of the Master Plan Update?
•    Existing Airport Inventory
•    Aviation Activity Forecasts (to be approved by FAA)
•    Facility Requirements
•    Development Alternatives
•    Recommended Master Plan Concept
•    Capital Improvement Program/Financial Plan
•    Environmental Overview
•    Airport Layout Plan (to be approved by FAA)

What is the Planning Advisory Committee (PAC)?
The PAC consists of local community leaders and stakeholders.  The PAC will provide guidance and feedback on draft Master Plan documents.  PAC meetings take place at key milestones in the planning process.

How can I get involved and stay informed?
All pertinent project materials, including draft submissions, are posted to on this website.  Public comments can be submitted on the comments section of this web site.  In addition, this project calls for up to three public information workshops which will be held during the Master Plan development process.  The public information workshop will be advertised locally and on this project website.